The Liberator Magazine Collection
"The Liberator" Magazine was established by Max Eastman and Crystal Eastman in 1918. The magazine focused on various aspects of socialism and communism and included political cartoons, creative writing, and informative articles. Claude McKay, one of the well-known voices of the Harlem Renaissance, served as associate editor for the magazine but later distanced himself from the communist agenda. In 1924, "The Liberator" merged with other publications to become "The Workers Monthly."
The digital reproductions on this site are provided for research consultation and scholarly purposes only. To request permission to publish, reproduce, publicly display, broadcast, or distribute this material in any format outside of fair use please contact the Kennesaw State University Archives and/or copyright holder.